Colorado Shines Quality Rating Improvement System (QRIS)
Colorado Shines is the State of Colorado’s Quality Rating Improvement System (QRIS). It assigns a quality rating to licensed Early Learning programs serving children birth to 5 years of age. All licensed programs are automatically a Level 1 in Colorado Shines until they take the steps to achieve a higher rating level.
- Level 1: Your program is currently licensed with the State of Colorado.
- Level 2: Your program is licensed and in good standing, plus:
- has a quality improvement plan in place
- has conducted the L2 Quality Indicator Program Assessment
- has registered staff in the Colorado Shines Professional Development Information System (PDIS)
- has completed the required Colorado Shines Level 2 E-learning courses
- Levels 3-5: Your program is licensed and in good standing, plus:
- has completed the Level 2 requirements
- has been assessed and rated by a Colorado Shines Quality Ratings Assessor*
Click here to learn more about Colorado Shines.
For more support please contact Monique Bosch at 719-937-4010 Ext 117.